Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Jason Bateman On Katherine Hepburn in NY Mag

Jason Bateman's thoughts on Katherine Hepburn (my least favorite of the Heps), were the most interesting part of the interview he did with New York Mag recently.
"She only wore white Reebok high-tops, so for a dress-up scene, she’d just pull black socks over them. That's what she was like. She hit ‘fuck it’ a long time before I met her."
See, that's the moment I long for, when I can afford to take it or leave it. Of course I would have to have a lot of my own "it" before I could shrug off other people's "it" and be like, "Screw you guys, I'm going home."


Totally unrelated, but fittingly, the last large combat brigade in Iraq is headed home, in keeping in line with Obama's campaign prognostications. And while we can say that we more or less completed our tasks in that country, we have to wonder if we should take a more callous, contemptuous, Cartman-esque attitude toward our allies in Pakistan and Afghanistan. And leave.

No comments: